Kayachikitsa is one of the eight branches of Ayurveda which deals with the multi systemic illness of the adults. It deals with the therapeutic approach to the disease either through Shodhana (purification), Shamana (pacification) and Satwawajaya (Counseling). These applications are done through medications, behavioral, psychological & life style management. Pharmacological intervention is through various forms of medicines like Vati (tablets), kashaya (decoctions), churna (powders), bhasma, asava, arista, ghruta, guggulus etc. The strength of the system is providing efficient, cost effective, personalized medicine with high safety margins. Department of Kayachikitsa for Undergraduate was individualized in 1963, since then the department is growing and working for the upliftment of Kayachikitsa, the first specialty of Ayurveda which successfully flourished in-spite of various adversaries for centuries.
To be a center of global excellence in the field of Kayachikitsa education by assured quality educational programs to build skillful, competent, self-reliant global citizens towards the health needs of the society
The Department of Kayachikitsa intends at bringing about confluence in achieving academic excellence through extending the frontiers of knowledge, integrative teaching, empowering skills, hands on training and promoting scientific temper for researches and keeping up breast with current developments of the science.
- To make existing programs more career oriented and to the needs of the society through effective system of review and redesigning of curriculum
- To implement effective programs through innovations in teaching, learning, and evaluation.
- To recognize the need for lifelong learning, to stay abreast of relevant scientific advances.
- To develop the communication skills.
- To develop the ability to apply evidence based principles of medicine. And the ability to practice the principles of primary health care.
- To help the learner to use the knowledge for clinical application in day to day practice.