Department of Rachana Sharir or Department of Human Anatomy is one of the pre-clinical departments that teach Anatomy in the1st professional of B.A.M.S. course. It is also studied at the post graduate and doctoral level. Study of the gross human anatomy is the main focus at B.A.M.S. level wherein human anatomy is understood with the help of dissection of the dead human body (cadaver). Ayurvedic concepts of Anatomy (Rachana Sharir) are also studied at this level, which involves primarily the Sharirsthan (chapter on the human body) of Basic Ayurvedic texts of Sushruta Samhita, Charaka Samhita, and Ashtanga Hridaya. It can be stated that Ayurvedic student has a better view of Human Anatomy than the modern counterpart.
Department of Sharira Rachana (Anatomy)
- Practical and theoretical training to understand the external and internal structures of human bodies.
- Practice of dissection on cadaver to explore internal organs in dissection hall
- Dummy models of the human body in well established Museum Cold storage/mortuary for a dead body.
- Ayurvedic principles of body, mind, and soul.
Instruments & Equipment
1) 10 Decection Boxes.
2) 12 Decection Tables with 01 Trolley.
3) 02 Phormallin Cadever Tank (1000 Ltrs).