Ayurveda, the science of life, which has the primary aim as to preserve the health of healthy individual laid down all the preventive principles which are necessary for the maintenance of health under the subject Swasthavritta, which is known as Preventive and Social Medicine or Community Medicine in modern medical science. The concept of Swasthavritta is a pioneer in the field of medicine propagated by our ancient seers and is a basic need for building a healthy society.
Department of Swasthavritta for Undergraduate was individualized in 1963, since then the department is growing and working for the uplift of Swasthavritta in the field of Ayurveda.
To be recognized as a global leader in public health and preventive medicine through Principles of Swasthavritta.
The mission of the Department of Swasthavritta is to improve the health of the communities we serve, including rural, underserved, and global populations through education, research, outreach, service, and creative partnerships through Ayurveda.
The Student should be able to
- provide community-based services,
- provide preventive services to the society in respect to communicable, non-communicable diseases,
- To know and involve in national health programs,
- Understand and practice Yoga & Naturopathy
- Understand and practice principles of Ayurveda diet system.
- Develop a comprehensive system, research, health information system, human resource development, dissemination of information, and promotion of Swasthavritta
- Carry out research and developing capability for primary health care through Swasthavritta
- Develop and strengthen public health care through Ayurveda
- Build up the necessary skills and competence for the effective management and delivery of primary health care.
- The principles of nutrition and diet, according to individual â€˜Prakriti ‘ (Constitution), personal hygiene, physical exercise, mental discipline and the prescribed code of conduct.
- Sports Nutrition.
- Food preservation and Food processing techniques, Nutraceuticals.
- Therapeutic yoga and Naturopathic techniques.